A detailed account of my adventures, joys, and challenges of living in Accra, Ghana.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Checking in

I just wanted to report that all is well with me despite my lack of entries. Trust me it has nothing to do with not having anything to write about. Since I returned from the north I've had plenty of things to write about but always experience technical difficulties when it comes time to uploading them.

Things are very busy in Accra right now because of the African Cup of Nations, a fiery football competition that's as big as the World Cup. I was at the Ghana vs. Namibia game last week and hope to see many more in the weeks to come. So far, Cote D'Ivoire and defending champions Egypt are hopefuls to take the Cup this year. Although, if you ask any Ghanaian their response is fiercely patriotic and they say Ghana will take and has to take it hands down.

Anyway, please stay tuned for more upcoming blogs, some on the following subjects: Witchcraft in Northern Ghana, CAN 2008, Liberian Refugee Camp and hopefully a post to celebrate my 24th birthday!

Not that I'm counting or anything but I'm home in 5 weeks! Unbelievable. At this point in time, I'm looking forward to drinking "brewed" coffee, eating bacon and cheese, bra shopping and doing the crossword in the morning paper, the most when I get home. Hope my readers are happy and healthy.

No comments: